Development Manager - Data Analytics at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Development Manager - Data Analytics you'll you will be leading and professionally developing a team of analysts, cultivating processes and standards, and supporting the delivery of analyses and insights that impact the entire company. Our stack is currently built with Stitch, Airflow, Redshift, and Tableau as well as a few AWS specific tools.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of the business, build positive relationships across departments, and partner with stakeholders to use data to drive the best decisions and outcomes
- Supporting our customer facing products with Analytics capabilities in collaboration with product managers and sales teams
- Overseeing development, QA, and lifecycle of data analytics models in dbt and visualizations in Tableau
- Working closely with Data Engineering manager to ensure alignment on priorities and upcoming work, reducing tech debt across teams, and identifying technology evolutions to improve capabilities
- Managing and mentoring a central team of cross functional Data Analysts by providing them with direction and support on delivering requirements in high quality dashboards and reports
- Working closely with the data product manager to analyze business needs and breakdown work for analysts
- Learning to understand our data sets and sources, and the KPIs that drive business success
- Ensuring data integrity across all performance-based metrics and reporting.
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Top tier SQL skills - Should have excellent knowledge of tenants of SQL Performance tuning, best practices for SQL, aggregate and window functions, differences between major SQL dialects
- Strong knowledge of, and competencies in, industry best/next practices in data and analytics solutions such as data warehousing, dimensional modeling, data visualization, and analyzing complex datasets
- Experience with Agile product development lifecycle from requirements gathering and documentation to delivery and ongoing support
- Proven track record of compiling data in comprehensive reports, analyzing trends and making fact-based recommendations
- Resourcefulness and self-reliance; a strong self-teacher with a passion for learning
- Excellent communicator with an ability to clearly explain complex technical subjects
- Passionate about problem solving and engaging the team to arrive at a solution
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment, while ensuring production systems are up and performing well
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years leading a team with similar core responsibilities
- Experience with dbt, other analysis languages (Python, R), statistical modeling tools preferred
Base salary/pay of $100,000 – $195,000 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.