Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for tactical planning of demand for Ball Beverage Packaging North & Central America, targeted toward large national accounts.
Essential Responsible Areas:
1. Primary liaison between major national customer(s) and cross functional partners at Ball to ensure the best possible forecast is created/loaded into demand planning system
2. Builds relationships with external customer(s) to ensure best possible tactical forecast by item for inventory efficiency and revenue recognition accruals
3. Partners with commercial, supply planning, finance, and customers to conduct data cleansing activities for planning tools including item chaining, new market introduction, and new product demand
4. Reconciles customer forecasts with finance/accounting to ensure proper load for revenue recognition
5. Develops templates then translates customer forecasts into compatible format for load into demand planning system as required for revenue recognition
6. Resolves customer forecast load issues by partnering with customers and data management teams to resolve issues as required for revenue recognition
7. Utilizes forecast accuracy reports to analyze results, determine trends, and enact solutions to improve accuracy
8. Reviews tactical demand trend and adjusts forecast input and output as needed to reflect trend
9. Provides root cause analysis for customer specific variances to current forecast plan
10. Develops demand reporting tools for both regular use and ad-hoc customer analysis
11. Develops tactical processes to ensure consistent forecast outcomes
12. Collaborates during consensus demand meetings with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment on forecasts
Position Requirement & Competencies:
• Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college. Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, statistics, or another quantitative discipline desired. Equivalent experience also considered.
• Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum with a Fortune 500 company.
• Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis on projects and a variety of business problems to top management
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations
• Working knowledge of the following areas desirable: business principles, supply chain processes, financial modeling, Microsoft Word and Excel, Tableau, JDE Enterprise One, Oracle Value Chain Planning, and other applicable software applications.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
• Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
• Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
• Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000- 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans