at Guild Education
Here at Guild, our passion is increasing economic mobility for working adults. Are you interested in using analytics and decision science to improve the educational and career outcomes of tens of thousands of working adults? We are looking for a Decision Scientist to join our team to help drive meaningful outcomes for our students using A/B testing and other analytical techniques. You’ll work closely with our product, marketing, and student operations teams to optimize how each of these teams supports our students and help drive data driven decisions across the business.
As a Decision Scientist you will:
- Serve as the primary analytics partner for teams across the organization including Marketing, Product, and Student Operations to help teams make the best data informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on best practices for collecting data, and building statistical models.
- Identify, validate, and make use of structured and unstructured data from disparate data sources in order to perform analyses aimed at highlighting trends and opportunities.
- Use data and outcomes to make recommendations which drive impacts to our students, communicating proposals to partners through effective data storytelling, and supporting implementation and measurement of changes.
- Define and monitor adherence to best practices to ensure data is captured in a way that it can be used to help make impactful decisions, working closely with other data teams to manage Guild’s data assets.
- Design, develop, and deploy A/B tests and other analytical solutions to help better serve our students, using results to drive improved outcomes.
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant to inform strategic and operating business questions by translating business needs into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, and analyzing the business case and tradeoffs.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in decision science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy. Familiar with statistical modeling and principles of experimental design, and able to formulate and read out an A/B test in order to drive insights.
- Proven business experience with SQL, as well as Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools (Looker a plus), and familiarity with a scripting language like Python or R.
- Experience translating ambiguous business questions into actionable analytical problems or data requirements, and working cross-functionally with business partners to solve problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Analytics and reporting experience related to customer-facing teams in a B2B sales or CRM environment.
- Exposure to analytics related to digital marketing and/or product development/optimization
- Experienced in a scripting language like Python or R.
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $100,00-$122,500, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth