Decision Scientist - Retail
Are you looking to play an integral role in building something bigger? Ibotta is seeking a Decision Scientist - Retail to join our analytics team and this opportunity will provide just that. The Decision Scientist - Retail will help build out analyses that provide compelling, actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
As a Decision Scientist - Retail, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our retail business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and campaign performance
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics
- Work to enhance and automate current processes
- Respond to time-sensitive requests and analyses
What we are looking for (Required):
- 2+ years of practical work experience in Analytics
- Proven expertise with data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- Ability to provide creative, actionable solutions/insights
- Ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate reporting to management
- Demonstrated analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SQL and proven data wrangling skills
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
What we are looking for (Preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with distributed big-data tools like Spark, Hive, Presto a plus
- Experience in mobile, retail or CPG a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.