Decision Scientist, Product at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Decision Scientist, Product to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This includes the building of the next iterations of the app, mobile, web, and online payments, new features driven by algorithms, and expert analysis to help the Product teams make data-driven decisions to build a more engaging app experience.
As a Decision Scientist, Product you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and A/B testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, build state-of-the-art tools, and improve our future product developments.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Working cross-functionally with the Product team to analyze usage and uncovering key, actionable insights about Ibotta users behavior
- Designing and measuring controlled experiments to determine the potential impact of new approaches
- Understanding and reporting business performance in detail and identifying opportunities for improving the app experience
- Creating data visualizations that guide decision making and improve the understanding of complex business situations
- Placing actionable data points and trends in context for leadership to understand actual performance and uncover opportunities
- Translating high-level business requirements into product/project specifications
- Ownership of small-to-medium projects with minimal oversight
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics/mathematics/statistics/data science/computer science/economics or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, Python, Presto, Hive, Spark, Airflow, GitHub etc)
- An understanding of the key concepts of consumer behavior
- Proven expertise with SQL, data wrangling, statistics, and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide thoughtful insights that drive action
- Ability to develop, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate learnings
- Experience with A/B testing concepts required
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $80,000 - $100,000
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.