Ibotta is looking for a Decision Scientist with a background in e-commerce to join our Fraud Prevention Team and help combat fraudulent activity with compelling and data-driven analyses. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative problem solver, and have experience leveraging big data to provide actionable recommendations.
What you will be doing:
- Work cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to uncover fraudulent behavior & activities
- Create predictive models to understand user-level fraud risk
- Facilitate, document, and implement anti-fraud controls, standards and guidelines
- Proactively identify new trends and fraud risks in the business
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders
- Work as a key stakeholder to ensure critical fraud risk analytics insights are represented in Ibotta’s behavior/pattern machine learning-based approach to fraud risk management
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of practical work experience in Analytics
- Strong knowledge of advanced statistical analytics techniques
- Experience in fraud risk management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience working with consultants or 3rd party vendors is a plus
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- Knowledge of SQL and proven data wrangling skills
- Strong knowledge for developing predictive machine learning models, demonstrated experience in classification models is a plus
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with designing new data structures
- Experience in fraud mitigation on e-commerce platform a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $500 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.