Decision Scientist - Data + Media
Ibotta is seeking a Decision Scientist - Data & Media to join our analytics team to provide compelling, actionable and data-driven recommendations to our Data and Media partners and clients.
As a Decision Scientist - Data & Media, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and assist the build of state-of-the-art tools & data products to accelerate the growth of our data & media business.
- Partner cross-functionally, leveraging proven data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills to solve business problems
- Assist in building scalable data products for the client partnerships team to monetize across their client base
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics
- Work to enhance and automate current processes
- Respond to time-sensitive requests and analyses
- 2+ years of practical work experience in Analytics
- Analyze large amounts of data to provide clients with insights around campaign performance, sharing future recommendations, and helping develop new data products/tools for the data team to sell to their respective clients
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner internally and externally
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- Become the go-to expert around client data questions and requests
- Knowledge of SQL and proven data wrangling skills
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Travel on-site when needed (
What we are looking for (Preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with distributed big-data tools like Spark, Hive, Presto a plus
- Knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem, CPG/Retail transaction data, and experience in mobile platforms is a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.