Decision Scientist, CPG Analytics at Ibotta
Would you like to be part of an industry-leading analytics organization? With over 50 people, Ibotta’s Analytics team uses the latest developments not only in our core technical capabilities such as statistics, machine learning, testing methodologies, and data engineering, but also in the broader aspects of an analytics organization such as minimizing technical debt, increasing organizational data literacy, and developing analytics leadership, making Ibotta a place where individuals at all levels can learn and grow their careers.
As a Decision Scientist - CPG, you will be responsible for providing actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our largest line of business.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Leading projects to build causal inference models (A/B testing), automation of existing reports and deliverables, machine learning models, root cause analysis of upstream data issues, and market analysis case studies
- Working cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and campaign performance
- Communicating complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Serving as a leader for the ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics within the team
- Mentoring other members of the team
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of practical work experience in Analytics, with at least 1 year of experience building statistical causal inference or machine learning models in a distributed computing environment
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of common data science software development packages (Python, R, etc.) and their relevant libraries, along with strong SQL and proven data wrangling and feature engineering skills
- Ability to drive projects end-to-end with minimal guidance/oversight, with examples of high-quality output that provide actionable, business-focused insights and recommendations
- Initiative to proactively anticipate and solve important problems
- Ability to communicate complex analytical concepts clearly and concisely both in written form and verbally to both technical and non-technical audiences, with a track record of strong partnerships with key stakeholders and clients across multiple functions
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.