Would you like to be part of an industry-leading analytics organization? With over 50 people, Ibotta’s Analytics team uses the latest developments not only in our core technical capabilities such as statistics, machine learning, testing methodologies, and data engineering, but also in the broader aspects of an analytics organization such as minimizing technical debt, increasing organizational data literacy, and developing analytics leadership, making Ibotta a place where individuals at all levels can learn and grow their careers.
As a Decision Scientist - CPG, you will be responsible for providing actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our largest line of business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leading projects to build causal inference models (A/B testing), automation of existing reports and deliverables, machine learning models, root cause analysis of upstream data issues, and market analysis case studies
- Working cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and campaign performance
- Communicating complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Serving as a leader for the ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics within the team
- Mentoring other members of the team
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of practical work experience in Analytics, with at least 1 year of experience building statistical causal inference or machine learning models in a distributed computing environment
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of common data science software development packages (Python, R, etc.) and their relevant libraries, along with strong SQL and proven data wrangling and feature engineering skills
- Ability to drive projects end-to-end with minimal guidance/oversight, with examples of high-quality output that provide actionable, business-focused insights and recommendations
- Initiative to proactively anticipate and solve important problems
- Ability to communicate complex analytical concepts clearly and concisely both in written form and verbally to both technical and non-technical audiences, with a track record of strong partnerships with key stakeholders and clients across multiple functions
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.