DataOps Engineer at RingCentral
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually, and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion, and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products, and we need your help!
Job Type: Full-Time | Location: Denver, CO
RingCentral is looking for a specialist for RingCentral’s Denver office who will help to support and develop analytics platforms. Our DataOps team is working to build new services or transform existing services as required by the growing needs of the company. As a technical member of the team you will take part in challenging technical projects and help the team to develop and implement best practices in operational support that allows us to ensure the delivery of quality solutions.
- Support analytics platforms based on Hadoop ecosystem, HP Vertica databases and Tableau solution.
- Participate in on-duty rotations, work on production incidents, collaborate with engineering and QA teams to identify root cause analysis and prevent future service degradation and outages.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to analytics platforms. Participate in on-call rotations.
- Continuously seek ways to optimize time spent on maintenance activities and automate routine tasks.
- Take part in implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, MIS or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience of production back-end platforms support
- 3+ years of experience with administration of Linux OS
- Experience with configuration of monitoring systems based on Zabbix, Nagios or Prometheus solutions would be plus
- Experience with Python/Go/Perl programming languages would be plus
- Deep understanding of network principles: TCP/IP stack, HTTP/S, DNS
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts, including Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Cloudformation or an equivalent
- Experience with public cloud technologies – AWS, GCP, etc. would be plus
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.