Beatport is responsible for the digital accessibility of electronic music and its associated culture. We have built the largest electronic music store in the world; standing atop a colossal catalogue of inventory, containing millions of tracks catering to the tastes of over a million weekly users from around the globe. And that is just the beginning.
We are looking to hire driven and talented Database Engineers to join our team and help us transform the platform into the Techno culture hub of tomorrow. Ideal candidates have a strong background in database systems, software development, creative problem solving, working with transactional data, Machine Learning and Google Cloud Platform experience.
This is a high impact role on a small, agile team in Denver, CO.
This role is located in Denver, Colorado and requires eligibility to work in the United States without need for visa sponsorship. Applicants who are outside the Denver Metro area and ready to relocate are welcome to apply, but local candidates are preferred.
- Reinvent the way the world discovers electronic music
- Write efficient DB queries and lookups
- Design effective data models
- Utilize your Python skills to analyze and solve problems
- Develop highly available and scalable web applications using Django
- Learn complex systems through self discovery
- Utilize modern day distributed cloud DB technologies i.e. Google Spanner
- Work with Docker and Kubernetes
- Use Machine Learning on a world-first dataset
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL
- Have a solid understanding of DB table indexes
- Have significant data modelling experience
- Experienced with ACID compliant database design
- A proven Python developer with experience in a production level environment
- A purpose driven, problem solver with tremendous thirst for learning
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Passionate about electronic music and culture
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat.
We offer a competitive compensation package, plenty of vacation days, VIP access to select music events, and monthly beatport.com credits to keep your library fresh. Beatport also provides an RTD EcoPass for all employees, allowing everyone to take advantage of the light rail station located directly behind our new office.
We hire people who love what they do and we make sure they have plenty of room for growth. You will work with a team that values collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another and sharing empirical knowledge about our stack.
How to apply
Tell us about your involvement in EDM culture and why we should meet you. Please include your resume, links to code you are proud of and anything else you feel is relevant.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
LiveStyle strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LiveStyle’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LiveStyle may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.