WHO YOU ARE
You are a top-notch, hands-on, Database Architect passionate about improving and evolving enterprise class SaaS applications to provide greater business value to our customers. In this role, you’ll work with our cross-functional engineering team, and our industry experts to design and build powerful, yet easy to use web-based SaaS applications. The DB Architect will follow and promote the latest technology patterns and best practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with the rest of the architecture team, product management and various cross functional groups in all phases of product development in order to ensure a high quality product release.
- Acts as database subject matter expert and casts the vision for our database architecture.
- Responsible for the performance, scalability and security of database architecture.
- Provide data model input for future reporting considerations.
- Provide hands-on support of development teams with database needs for new features.
- Provide hands-on support of operations teams with database scripts, utilities, and data migrations.
- Mentor engineering team members around modern database architecture principles, and lead by example with developing optimal data queries and functions.
- Analyze application performance by performing regular tests and support needed refactoring.
- Work with various engineering teams to develop and enhance standards for database design and development best practices, and tools to enforce these practices at scale..
- Expertise at least one major relational database (preferably PostgreSQL) such as SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, etc.
- 5+ years of experience of architecting relational database based SaaS platforms
- Extensive knowledge of database architecture and implementation planning and execution
- Expert knowledge of efficient database configuration and schema design for OLTP, OLAP, DW use cases
- Strong understanding of database query tuning and optimization
- Experience implementing data solutions with AWS is highly desired
- Working knowledge of at least one major non-relational database, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Couchbase, DynamoDB, etc. is preferred
- At the top of the list is simply that you will have a voice and an impact on the success of Automox and on the security of customers like NASA, Xerox, DollarShaveClub, TripAdvisor, GE Healthcare and more.
- A strong proven leadership team backed by founders of Tenable, Carbon Black, RSA, AlienVault, Internet Security Systems, ThreatGrid, Phantom Cyber along with world-class venture capital.
- Great downtown Boulder HQ - (Walk to lunch!)
- Downtown Parking
- Free Eco Bus Pass - (Office is right across the street from the Boulder bus station)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- Participation in Automox Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Open vacation policy - (take what you need to stay energized)
- Standup desks, quiet spaces, and snacks and yes… coffee.
- Rooftop deck and amazing views (we celebrate victories both big and small)
- Monthly team-building rituals (hikes, ice cream breaks, lunch and learns, cross-team opportunities)
Come make an impact!