Database Architect at Adobe
Data Services Architect
Campaign Value Acceleration
At Adobe, we’re changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed and personalized content that streams across your devices every day —and we’re the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We’re a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that’s why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization.
Digital marketing is evolving at a dizzying pace, and thousands of companies are turning to the Adobe Experience Cloud to help them stay ahead. Adobe’s Experience Cloud solutions make up the best in the business, and cover the full spectrum of our client’s digital marketing needs. The services we offer to support these solutions only further set us apart from our competitors, and for these services teams to operate efficiently, they need best-in-class leadership.
The Data Services Architect will work with Adobe’s clients to analyze their Adobe Campaign (AC) technical environment with a focus on optimizing the structures used for Marketing execution. You will work with a cross-functional internal team to ensure customer success with Adobe’s solutions and provide input into the implementation process. You will set a high standard for excellence in professional services, and lead your team in continual improvements.
What you’ll do
- Meet with internal Consulting teams, Partners, and our clients to understand challenges around our Campaign ecosystem.
- Identify the source systems that feed into the Adobe Campaign (AC) environment, and analyze how those data sources are being manipulated and used for Marketing.
- Review Adobe campaigns to understand the data being accessed and ensure we load only relevant data into the database.
- Provide best-practice advice for refining the client’s data model in order to achieve optimal performance.
- Identify all data extracts that will be required to feed back to client source systems from the client’s Adobe environment.
- Provide input into the needs Adobe will have when building out an internal Data Services environment.
- Organize and conduct enablement sessions to improve the wider Adobe’s ability to Sell and Implement Adobe Campaign.
- Proactively foster collaboration with Customer Care, Engineering, Product Management, Technical Operations, and other internal Adobe teams
- Drive and contribute to the development of the delivery, experience, and framework to support internal operations, including optimization of services, functions, and productivity for the program and team
- Collaborate with Professional Services Sales colleagues to position Adobe for success, including sizing and scoping.
- Define delivery and operational models to ensure client success and satisfaction while achieving Adobe’s business goals.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key client stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction, including influencers and buyers.
- Manage client escalations to ensure proper communication, urgency, prioritization, and ownership throughout the experience
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in client-facing technical roles and experience with software vendors strongly preferred
- Strong database knowledge of relationsl models, SQL, Campaign Management tools, and various RDBMS (Postgres a plus).
- Strong client-service orientation; demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with client stakeholders, resulting in high-client satisfaction
- Excellent analytical- and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact and communicate for impact with all levels of an organization both internally and externally, including business and technical
- Executive leadership skills including the ability to develop, influence and motivate a diverse team to maximize results
- Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate, and drive optimal revenue and renewal performance, both with internal teams and customer stakeholders
- Confident ability to effectively lead, collaborate, triage and make decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated strength in EQ (emotional intelligence)
- In-depth knowledge of one or more aspects of Digital Marketing required: content management, Web analytics, targeting and optimization, digital asset management, search, cross-channel campaign management and related industry best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline of the technical industry
- Ability to travel up to 30%
What leading at Adobe means
At Adobe, we’re passionate about developing leaders at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to people managers. Anyone who’s considering a career with us should know that we evaluate leadership based on these five capabilities:
- Demonstrating Strong EQ (Be Aware) — Having a keen sense of self awareness is the foundation of leadership at Adobe. Whether you’re an individual contributor or a people manager, you’re someone who’s empathetic and mindful of your impact on others.
- Selecting Talent (Be a Recruiter) — You’re a guardian and an ambassador for selecting talent at Adobe! You recommend and recruit only the best. You embrace diversity of ideas, experiences and working styles because you know that diverse teams drive better business results.
- Role Modeling Check-In (Be a Coach) — We don’t believe in annual reviews and rankings. That’s why, feedback flows constantly at Adobe. To succeed, you’ll meet frequently with your manager to receive ongoing feedback, set challenging performance expectations, and pursue continuous development opportunities.
- Leading change (Be an Agent of Change) — You readily adapt to business changes. Ambiguity or uncertainty never seems to stop you from working productively. You’re maniacally focused on execution and you’re always looking at new approaches to resolving issues.
- Scaling the Business (Be an Owner) — You approach your role as if you own the business. The buck stops with you. Your goal is to always deliver an exceptional customer experience by listening to feedback and continuously looking to improve efficiencies.
More reasons why Adobe life is the good life
- Skip those awful “performance reviews.”
- Work in a place that cultivates great leaders throughout the organization.
- Feed your brain and grow your skills with educational reimbursements of up to $10,000 per year.
- Take off for a four-week sabbatical after five years of employment.
- Give up to $10,000 to your favorite cause each year, and we’ll match every penny.
- Get generous reimbursement for your favorite wellness activity. Surfing? Judo? Knock yourself out. Kayaking? Whatever floats your boat.
- Enjoy serious discounts on the Adobe software that will make friends jealous.
- Winter break? Of course. Summer break, too? Now we’re talking.
- Those “best places to work” lists love us (in multiple countries).
- The work is awesome. The people are awesome. We think there’s no better place to make an impact.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.