Database Administrator at Toastmasters International
What makes Toastmasters International a great fit for you? At Toastmasters International, we help our members to a better life. Our story started nearly a hundred years ago when Ralph Smedley our founder started Toastmasters at the basement of YMCA. His idea was to guide a few young men to a better life through effective communication. Today we are in 145 countries with more than 370,000 members worldwide who are seeking a better life for themselves and others. There is nothing more fulfilling to know that your work has significance in people's lives worldwide. We make this possible with a team of 150 inspired and sincere staff at the World Headquarters located in the Denver Technology Center.
The Database Administrator will provide technical leadership in the implementation of data systems and be responsible for performance, quality assurance, security, and integrity of Toastmasters’ databases, data warehouse applications and BI solutions. You will work with architects, system developers and analysts to contribute to the development of new cloud-based systems while enhancing and maintaining existing databases to better serve the business needs.
- Collaborate with development teams to design, develop, maintain, and deploy SQL database systems, Azure SQL, and Power BI
- Contribute to data migration efforts from existing systems, other databases, and business applications
- Manage data uploads as needed
- Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, fix database issues and provide production support
- Monitor system performance and fine tune performance to ensure data efficiency
- Perform database backup and restore as needed
- Establish accounts, permissions, and security access
- Analyze data storage requirements to correctly configure database infrastructure
- Contribute to database deployment automation
- Assist in planning and managing the deployment of solutions to QA, staging and production environments
- Collaborate and plan project tasks within an agile development environment
- Working and collaborating with business partners to maintain and develop new solutions
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have In-depth hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL
- Must have experience in implementation and delivery of cloud database solutions
- Advanced knowledge of database design best practices
- In-depth hands-on experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Experience with Azure database services
- Competency in writing and reviewing complex stored procedures
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for data migration and integration between applications and Dynamics 365.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Proven experience with Power BI and Power Query
- Experience in Data Warehouse solutions
- Advanced knowledge and experience with database backup and restore procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- 6 years’ experience in database administration
- 6 years’ experience in implementation of SQL database solutions
- 2 years’ experience with cloud-based solutions (Azure cloud is preferred)
- 6 years’ experience in data analysis and writing SQL queries and stored procedure
- 6 years’ experience with SSMS, SSIS, and SSRS
- 3 years’ experience with Power BI and Power Query
- Experience with DB tuning would be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology or similar background
- Certification in Microsoft SQL database administration, SQL database development or Azure SQL is a plus
This position pays $110,000/year. This position is exempt.
This role will be working full-time in our office located at 9127 S. Jamaica St. Englewood, CO 80112. You will be working from home while the office is closed due to COVID-19. Permanent work authorization required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which offers: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) and Pension Plan, along with 10 days paid Vacation, 9 paid sick days, and 11 paid Holidays.
A close-knit culture and steady work/life balance are tantamount to success at Toastmasters International. The educational nonprofit strives to cultivate an upbeat, prolific workforce through valued perks, such as complimentary coffee and tea bar, free access to bikes in the business park, employee-focused events/lunches and prize-winning contests. The company-wide camaraderie can be felt in the sleek breakrooms and wide-open workspace that faces large windows and lets in a lot of light and positive energy in a LEED-certified building. Holidays are a big deal here: in addition to 11 paid holidays per year, the company encourages monthly potlucks, costumes on Halloween, department decorations and making merry at year’s end. Smart casual is the dress code, which means you can wear jeans with a nice shirt and shoes. Toastmasters employees are welcome to become Toastmasters members with free membership and an on-site company club. Wellness is a big focal point with health, dental and vision benefits; the company was awarded for being one of the Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health 2015-2019. Come on board with 10 paid vacation days, 9 paid sick days, life insurance, disability, retirement options and more. Find out how Toastmasters incites a sense of community and why co-workers say they feel like family.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.