Database Administrator at IntelePeer
As an integral member of our Denver-based Development Team, the Database Architect is responsible for including: 1) Working with various teams to capture telemetry and metrics. 2) Analytics for both internal and external users. 3) Determine and progress Intelepeer towards optimal Data Architecture. This position is comprised of approximately 80% Design, Implementation and 20% maintenance.
This position may have access to Protected Data. Protected Data is sensitive information, usually client or client customer data that reveals personally identifiable information, or health, or financial information.
REPORTS TO: Director, Systems Development
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve pertinent data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate company employees through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Contribute to design documents and participate in design reviews
- Be proactive and inquisitive in finding solutions
- Work closely with key stakeholders, including Operations & Finance, to develop solutions and designs
- Determine severity and impact of issues on the business and communicate status to Management
- Work both independently and with a group of highly skilled developers
- Be flexible with work hours and schedule; provide on-demand support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field; equivalent work experience may be considered
Expertise & Experience
- SQL and NoSQL expertise
- Expert knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Exposure to ML / Data Lakes
- Working knowledge/ experience with Cloud Data stores
- Understand Business decisions to determine appropriate data
- Successfully communicate technical issues clearly to individuals with varying levels of technical knowledge and understanding
- Effectively and efficiently solve mission critical technical problems in a startup-paced business environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, including customers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Continuous improvement attitude
- Quality-, customer service-, and continuous improvement-driven to consistently delight internal and external customers
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Positive, professional attitude and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in cross-functional and team environment
- Reacts quickly and adapts to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction
- Effectively multi-tasks and manages multiple projects concurrently in a time-sensitive work environment