Come work for a Top Employer in Denver, and help save lives!
Perks & Benefits: ZOLL provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Additionally we have stocked kitchens, free daily organic fruit delivery, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe, dry cleaning service and much more! Our full benefits package includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts and STD/LTD.
Who we are: A leader in emergency software for medics, firefighters, and other lifesavers. We have the resources and stability of a large company, but the nimbleness, ambition, and determination of a startup, because we used to be one.
Who you are: The Database Administrator will drive and evangelize Reliability Engineering practices and activities across the entire R&D organization, providing best practices in data management and design, ensuring our SaaS Data platforms are fully automated, monitored and stable.
- Manage SQL Server 2012 and above
- Maintain MS SQL server clusters in multiple environments
- Implement best practices for monitoring the integrity of data
- Identify, develop, implement and support automation solutions as needed
- Ensure FDA and HIPAA compliance of all electronic Private Health Information
- Facilitate quarterly HIPAA compliance reviews
- Maintain the data stores from live to cold storage.
- Work with application development teams to ensure data architecture best practices
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on any performance risks and mitigate.
- Design and build scalable data infrastructure for applications, storage and analytics
- Thoroughly understand how ZOLL products work and implement data solutions with meaningful insights
- Work with various stakeholders, including product management, to get requirements and implement appropriate data-driven solutions
- Stay on top of modern data technologies
- Be passionate about data and the power of reliable, safe data
- Experience in AWS with production relational database systems
- Scripting automation experience with Powershell, Ansible or Terraform a must
- 2+ years of experience managing large amounts of structured and unstructured data using MS SQL technologies, Cassandra, ELK or AWS RDS.
- Experience migrating databases from private datacenters to AWS preferred
- 2+ years of experience with data engineering, software engineering with data focus, business intelligence, data conversion, and data modeling preferred
- Experience implementing data retention policies especially for HIPAA or GDPR
- Experience with Kafka, Redis and Rabbit MQ preferred
- BS in Computer Science/Applied Math- MS (preferred)
- Equivalent job or military experience will be considered
ZOLL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.