Database Administrator Senior at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Database Administrator Senior
We are seeking a Database Administrator SR specializing in Oracle to join our database team. The Database Administrator SR will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency, performance, efficiency and standardization of Oracle databases in our IT infrastructure services environment to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You’ll Do:
- Interface with internal customers, security, and management teams for: maintaining development, test and production instances, resolve issues with services and physical systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple databases and instances, OEM monitoring tools, troubleshoot issues, including backup infrastructure.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address data availability, performance, database stability and data security objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Participate in “On Call” rotation schedule.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Experience should include expertise in planning, configuring, maintaining, patching and monitoring Oracle databases and instances on both Linux and Windows servers.
- Knowledge of shell scripting, ETL, Oracle middleware, Tomcat, TNS, cloud technology, RMAN, Cron is essential.
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Proficiency with shell scripting and execution is a plus.
- General understanding of data protection concepts to support changing environments
- Preferred skills:
- Oracle 10g – 19c
- Experience Oracle Enterprise Manager13c.
- Experience shell scripting,Linux OS and Windows servers
- Experience Oracle’s RMAN application
- Experience with Supporting both large and small database instances
- Experience with specialized network environments (air gapped, limited access).
- Sql Server experience is a plus
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Details are available on our careers site or by clicking here.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.