Database Administrator (MySQL) at Billtrust
What you'll do
Billtrust is seeking a passionate Database Administrator to join our dynamic DBA team that manages a 250+ terabyte database environment hosted on our private and public cloud platforms (AWS + Azure). You will play a key role in managing and improving the availability, reliability and scalability of our enterprise database systems that include a mix of SQL (MySQL/SQL Server/Snowflake) and NoSQL (MongoDB/Dynamo/Elastic) technologies. Open to fully remote / work from home within the United States.
- Be the database go-to person for our multi-terabyte MySQL production and non-production environments
- Setup and configure MySQL instances, databases and replication for optimum performance (on-premise and AWS RDS)
- Propose and implement improvements to our high availability, disaster recovery and backup/recovery solutions
- Leverage tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Rundeck & Bash scripting to automate database provisioning and deployments
- Review database DDL / DML changes and support product related release deployments across environments
- Enhance monitoring solutions to pro-actively capture, analyze and resolve database related issues
- Collaborate with development teams on index design, SQL query tuning and evangelizing best practices
- Partner with Systems / DevOps teams on database infrastructure setups and upgrades
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide off-hours production support
What you'll bring to the team
- 5+ years of experience in the hands-on production support, monitoring, troubleshooting and performance tuning of large scale MySQL databases in mission critical environments
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, indexing strategies and SQL query tuning techniques
- Strong understanding of database high availability (HA), disaster recovery (DR) and data replication strategies
- Strong believer in automation with experience automating database related operational tasks via custom scripting / tools
- Proven ability to plan, perform and verify database changes in production and non-production environments
- Knack for pro-actively identifying, resolving and following up on database related issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with peers / employees from other departments in the organization
- Experience with MongoDB, SQL Server, Snowflake, Dynamo and/or Elastic nice-to-have
- Experience with Agile Scrum / Kanban nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), online payments, software or product-centric business a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who we are
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.