Database Administrator Associate
Arrow Electronics Inc., a world-wide leader in the distribution of electronic components, computer products and enterprise software, is looking for individuals interested in joining its Global database administration and architecture team. This is a great entry-level opportunity for those interested in becoming DBAs as well as big data, ERP and middleware administrators and architects.
After successfully completing the on-boarding process with the team, the new Database Administrator Associate will be performing for the following tasks:
- Learn modern technologies and implement them on premise and in the cloud (SQL Server, Azure, Oracle, MongoDB, MAPR and more).
- Receive formal and on the job, hands on training, while working in a very collaborative environment. As you learn, you will start contributing more.
- Work with the DBA lead to ensure all data and database related problems are resolved in a timely manner to minimize user impact.
- Work directly with the software developers to help tune and debug the application code.
- Coordinate and perform database clones, upgrades and apply patches.
- Conduct root cause analysis on persistent or major database and application related problems.
- Perform application and database maintenance as required.
- On-call support for project/production environments.
- Support maintenance outages throughout the year.
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work both independently and within a group. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are a must.
The position typically requires a 4 year degree and 0-2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Candidates are expected to be familiar with most of the following technology areas:
- Relational database theory
- Computer architecture concepts
- Computer programing (Java, C)
- Operating systems (Unix, Linux)
- Networking concepts (TCP/IP)
- Cloud concepts