Data Warehouse Technical Analyst
We want to be the best. That’s why we hire the best. We thrive on challenging, rewarding, purpose-driven work. We’re looking for skilled individuals like you - for professionals full of talent, but not of themselves.
Media News Group, distinguished by its diversified portfolio of media assets, is home to Adtaxi, the client-centric digital agency that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing, and such notable brands as The Denver Post, the Mercury News and the Orange County Register.
Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, we’re driving change everyday from Adtaxi’s best-of-breed, award-winning marketing solutions and ad technologies to the products that power our publication sites and mobile apps. And we’re just getting started.
We are in the process of transforming our data platform to being highly scalable & reliable in order to support data efforts across the company. This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation, gathering business requirements for digital advertising and data products, and translating technical requirements into organized stories and detailed acceptance criteria.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Working with the Product Managers and Directors to gather technical requirements and writing technical pseudo code for projects to create data workflows for our data warehouses, apps, API's, etc.
- Gathering, understanding, and translating complex, technical business requirements into well organized and structured developer stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with engineers and managers to inform our data technology roadmap.
- Experience translating complex technical business requirements between business stakeholders into workflows and data structures for developers in and agile/scrum based environment.
- Data Standards? Data Duplication? Data Validation, Data Integrity.
- Enthusiastic to interpret and document data workflows. Acute attention to detail and well organized documentation.
- Experienced writing requirements and documentation for teams that develop, test and implement data models.
- Experienced in digital advertising or eager to learn about this constantly evolving field.
- Experience with Relational Databases, Data Modeling and Normalization concepts.
- Data Validation in Production database
- Knowledge of database design and architecture principles, including in the data warehousing space.
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS Redshift, PostgreSQL or other data stores
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with DataDog and Sentry
- Understanding of ETL processes and concepts
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Experience with Apache Spark and AWS EMR
- Experience with Salesforce integrations
- Experience with demand side platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Microsoft Advertising, The Trade Desk
- Background in Agile software methodology