Data Warehouse Architect at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 17,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
The Data Warehouse Architect (DWA) plays a critical role in on-going efforts to build data integration and warehousing solutions to support Evolve’s drive to continuously improve customer service, operational excellence, and overall business success. The Data Warehouse Architect is primarily responsible for activities related to the architecture, analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of enterprise data systems and related initiatives. This position will contribute greatly to the strategy of master data management, connecting data sources within each business unit, and working with stakeholders to ensure the success of data driven projects and initiatives.
In this role, you’ll have the independence to design, develop, implement, manage and maintain solutions that employ the appropriate data models, tools and reporting to achieve the business goals. You’ll be responsible for the design and architecture of systems as they relate to data integration, as well as supporting efforts of development, maintenance, and monitoring. As a high-growth company, be ready to move quickly and make an impact.
What you’ll do
- Assist Project Managers and BI delivery team leaders in estimating effort and resources for new projects and enhancement requests.
- Ensure that the business requirements are correctly translated into technical specifications.
- Design, develop, implement, manage and maintain solutions that employ the appropriate data models, tools and reporting to achieve the business goals.
- Engage with IT teams such as Data Management, DBAs, Security, Storage and Networking when their involvement is required to meet the project needs.
- Design, develop, test, validate, profile, tune, monitor, and manage data systems and components (e.g. scheduled jobs, processes, data delivery tools, etc.)
- Participate in the capacity planning and design of the technical and information. architecture for enterprise data systems, including all information structures (staging area, data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores).
- Coordinate with other IT groups and stakeholders to mitigate the impact on enterprise data systems during change control procedures in order to ensure the overall health of the data warehouse and analytical environments.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert of data principles (data analysis, modeling, ETL/ELT, storage and delivery).
- Stay current in new data warehouse and BI technologies and may participate in evaluation and adoption recommendations.
- Participate in developing and documenting technical standards and best practices for the organization.
- Translate business requirements and end user's needs into DW architecture blueprints to build an effective and modern data warehouse.
What makes you a great fit
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and at least 5 years of experience
- Expertise in Data Warehouse architecture.
- Proven experience with designing well performing solutions with an ability to tune data warehouse objects for efficiency and accuracy including tabular and multidimensional designs.
- Experience with Data Warehouse principles and methodologies (Kimball, Inmon, Data Lake, etc.)
- In-depth hands-on understanding of data design methodologies, data architecture principles, data modeling and interrelation of various enterprise data.
- Must understand the principles of Extract Load and Transform (ETL) processes and have hands-on experience using Enterprise ETL tools like Talend , Alteryx , Informatica , ODI , Datastage, Matillion etc
- Possess observation, interviewing, flowcharting and writing to effectively produce system and process documentation.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Scrum and Kanban development methodologies.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work in our beautiful downtown Denver office, completely remote, or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
Not in Colorado? We're happy to consider candidates in the following states: AR, AZ, CT, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, and WA.
For this role our salary range is $105,000 - $130,000, depending on relevant experience
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.