Data Warehouse Analyst Specialist at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be joining a team supporting ACBS ASP. We run software as a service supporting several large financial institutions in supporting their commercial lending book. We serve as the system of record for over $1.3 trillion worth in client book and we take our responsibility as stewards of this value seriously. Our application consists of Windows, IBMi, Business Objects, Oracle, APIs, web servers, etc and our team spans the globe in USA, EU and India. We are embarking on a modernization effort that is looking to modernize our delivery in both process and technology as we focus on Windows and Oracle deployments.
What you will be doing
The FIS BI team is looking for a database analyst who has extensive experience supporting Business Objects or similar frameworks as well as the ability to troubleshoot and investigate database layer issues. This position will suggest improvements to move existing architectures and process in production environments into more streamlined states.
- Establishes database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Evaluates, designs, codes, implements, optimizes and modifies databases and database applications with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods.
- May build windows, screens and reports and assist in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
- Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
- Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Adapts business requirements, developed by business systems analysts/modeling/development staff and develops data, database specifications and table and element attributes for an application.
- Models databases and develops tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and other database objects.
- Maintains database dictionaries, monitors overall database standards and procedure, and integrates systems through database design.
- Works closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and experience integrating Data Architecture and Data Governance into that lifecycle to steer towards desirable outcomes.
- Strong competency in data modeling and data design. This includes logical and physical modeling, partitioning strategies for large tables, and other database optimizations.
- Solid experience with Relational Databases, specifically Oracle, Data Warehousing, OLAP, and Business Intelligence Reporting. Must be able to write PL/SQL Stored Procedures.
- Solid understanding of pros and cons for different data warehouse methodologies and architectures (Kimball/Inmon/Data Lake/Hybrid).
- Experience designing Star, Snowflake Schemas, Dimensional Data Modeling, SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions), and CDC (Change Data Capture).
- Experience managing data architecture documentation, and standards for data management, as well as training staff on principles of data architecture.
- Experience with analyzing current state and conceiving desired future state, and identifying projects required to evolve.
- Knowledge of ETL.
- Strong understanding of agile software development methodology.
- Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio skills.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
Added bonus if you have:
- Financial industry experience
- Database experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with Business Objects application administration, Tableau, or similar software.
Experience migrating databases to the cloud.
What we offer you
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.