Data Scientist at Greenhouse Software
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team!
Greenhouse’s Data Science team works with groups across the organization to help further data-informed decision making for both internal stakeholders and our customers. As a Data Scientist primarily focused on product analytics, you will be embedded with one to two product engineering teams to champion strategic use of data across our product development lifecycle. You will work in collaboration with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers on a wide variety of analytics work, including designing and executing experiments, prioritizing features, proactively identifying opportunities, and conducting analyses to help us better understand the needs of our customers and their candidates.
Working on a team of about five data scientists within our cross-functional Research & Development department, you will have autonomy and the ability to function as a generalist, contributing to a wide range of initiatives and owning projects end-to-end.
Learn more about our engineering culture here.
Who will love this job
- A generalist, who has experience and the ability to perform a wide variety of data science and analytics tasks and tackle problems across different domains
- A collaborator, who is excited to work across multiple verticals in the organization and act as a catalyst for change
- An excellent communicator, who is able to explain technical concepts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A self-starter, who finds clarity within ambiguity and takes initiative in looking for new ways to generate value
What you’ll do
- Design and build dashboards, reports, and internal tools
- Work within our data warehouse (Amazon Redshift) in collaboration with Data Engineering to generate views that support analyses and data products
- Partner with stakeholders to optimize their products and workflows and elevate their use of data in decision-making
- Serve as a thought partner for our growing Business Analytics function
- Bolster our data request support process by building robust solutions for internal customers
You should have
- Experience using data analytics to answer business questions
- A deep understanding of SQL and Python (particularly the Pandas library), or experience with R and an interest in using Python
- Ability to communicate complex or ambiguous concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with statistics beyond basic aggregations, Bayesian knowledge is a plus
- Experience with BI/Data Visualization tools, e.g., Mode Analytics, nice to have
- Machine Learning model development, nice to have
- A/B testing experience, nice to have
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $100,000-$175,000.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**