- Serve as the primary analytics partner for teams across the organization including Marketing, and Product, to help teams make the best data-informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on standard methodologies for collecting data, and building data science.
- Identify, validate, and make use of structured and unstructured data from disparate data sources in order to perform analyses sought at highlighting trends and opportunities.
- Use data and outcomes to make recommendations that drive impacts to our students, communicating proposals to partners through effective data storytelling, and supporting the implementation and measurement of changes.
- Define and supervise adherence to standard methodologies to ensure data is gained in a way that it can be used to help make impactful decisions, working closely with other data teams to handle Guild’s data assets.
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant on strategic and operating business questions by translating business needs into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, and analyzing the business case and tradeoffs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Shown experience in data science, analytics, or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiar with data science solutions, and how these apply to business problems (i.e. supervised/unsupervised learning, NLP, collaborative filtering, etc.)
- Experience translating ambiguous business questions into relevant analytical problems or data requirements, and working cross-functionally with business partners to seek problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Excellent teammate attitude, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is groundbreaking a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Analytics and reporting experience related to customer-facing teams in a B2B sales or CRM environment.
- Exposure to analytics related to digital marketing and/or product development/optimization
- Highly skilled in a scripting language like Python or R.
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $110,000-$132,500, as well as company stock options.