Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Data Scientist will join our Oncology Diagnostics Program and contribute key capabilities and expertise to our analytical efforts. With a focus on creative and purpose-driven approaches to data analytics, the Data Scientist will play a critical role in deriving insights from Invitae’s genomic and clinical NGS datasets. This person will interface with assay development scientists, clinical operations, statisticians, and other data science personnel to promote data-based knowledge and drive new understanding central to Invitae’s platform.
- Collaborate with scientists and clinical personnel to develop a deep understanding of Invitae’s genomics and Personal Cancer Monitoring platforms and questions amenable to data-based exploration
- Participate as a subject matter lead on cross-functional project teams
- Shepard data from disparate sources through pipelines into regulated reports
- Collaborate with data engineers to develop approaches for capturing and describing data
- Conduct analyses relevant to a wide range of scientific questions associated with cancer genomics
- Interpret and communicate findings to scientists and others via written reports and presentations
- Recognize process improvement needs and collaborate with other personnel to address them
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in a life sciences or biotech organization with demonstrated experience analyzing next-generation sequencing data
- Expertise with principles of data science and implementation in R and/or Python
- Quantitative data analysis skills including general machine learning approaches
- Knowledge of genomics, computational biology or bioinformatics, and the fundamentals of molecular biology
- Knowledge or experience with applying data analysis skills to the development of medical devices, assays, diagnostics, or other types of regulated products
- Prior experience with Tableau and/or Looker is advantageous
- Proven scientific acumen and strong presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with team members
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently
- M.S., or Ph.D. degree with a major in a relevant scientific or engineering field
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $78,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.