About the Team:
VIZIO is looking for a skilled Data Scientist to join our growing team of Analytics experts to help re-imagine how data can be used in the interactive television space. The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architectures are consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- You are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- You are comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- You are excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a Data Scientist role, and you have earned a B.S in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- You have demonstrated experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You possess strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- You have experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You have demonstrated experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- You have a successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
Technology Stack knowledge:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, MSK, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, , Spark-Structured-Streaming, Kafka consumers, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, R, SQL, C#, Go, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: AWS Kinesis, Apache Airflow, Argo, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Experience with software engineering tools/practices: Github, VSCode, CI/CD, etc.
What You Will Do:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Assume ownership of entire data lifecycle, from sourcing to consumption
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.