Data Scientist at Parsyl
Parsyl is an early-stage, venture-backed technology platform that was founded with the mission to improve health and save money by providing a better way to ensure the integrity of sensitive goods as they are shipped around the globe. We do this by combining proprietary sensing devices with powerful predictive data analytics to offer an unprecedented view of quality assurance and risk dynamics.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?”- we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast-growing startup, you will work with the product, engineering and broader team to identify and build valuable, scalable machine learning solutions to reduce waste and improve health across the globe. You will be instrumental in identifying and internally championing the potential value of our data, and in delivering this value to our customers.
You are a good fit for this position if you have a solid foundation in the basics of data science and are eager to learn and to take ownership of projects. You are highly motivated and like to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
Technologies Used by the team:
- Python data science toolkit (pandas, sklearn, numpy, etc.)
What you’ll get to work on:
- Work with multivariate time series data, unstructured contextual data and third party data sources to understand sensitive supply chains in multiple lines of business.
- Work with product to translate above understanding into meaningful and actionable insights and products for our customers.
- Work with engineering to automate said insights and products in our platform.
- Build, maintain and enhance critical reports showcasing our data insights to existing and potential customers in multiple lines of business.
- Communicate complex concepts, solutions and the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to business stakeholders and technology leaders to maximize the effectiveness of data science initiatives.
- Design, implement, analyze and summarize data creating experiments.
- Build machine learning models to predict product quality outcomes, anomalies, physical events, and to monitor our internal operations.
- Contribute to a reusable code base shared across the data science team and multiple lines of business.
- Be ready and willing to get your hands dirty and wear many hats in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree OR 6 years of relevant work experience
- Experience writing scripts in Python, R or similar scientific language
- Experience querying structured databases
- Experience building predictive models with a tangible business application
BONUS IF YOU ALSO HAVE…
- Advanced degree in mathematics, computer science, physical or social sciences
- Advanced machine learning, statistical or programming skills
- Experience in global health, perishable goods, or supply chain
- Experience in financial industries, such as insurance, mortgages, etc.
- Experience working with IoT sensor or other time series data
- Experience in an agile development process
Qualities We Look For:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available