Do you love data? Are you the type of person who gets excited at the chance to spend time digging in to numbers, building a model, and extracting results? Are you motivated by complexity, time constraints, and new problems to solve? If so, you should consider applying to work at Tendril. We are a growing energy software company based in Boulder, Colorado in need of a data scientist with 1 to 3 years of prior experience in statistics and data visualization, as well as an intrinsic curiosity around data to join our Analytics Team.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help us measure our products, visualize results, conduct ad- hoc data analyses, and advance our understanding of how and why our products achieve energy savings. As a member of the Analytics team within the Product organization, you will work alongside the other members of the team on a variety of projects across Tendril. From running established regression models to developing new analytic models, from presenting results to stakeholders to developing automated dashboards to quickly visualize performance metrics, and from testing how products are currently working to conducting controlled A/B tests and external research to understand how to further our products, your work is a critical part of advancing Tendril’s products forward.
What You Get to Do
You will be an expert in Tendril’s product performance. You will answer questions from stakeholders both internally and externally on what is working and how we can measure additional metrics moving forward. The questions will change so you must be comfortable tackling new challenges on a regular basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Running, maintaining, and developing statistical models.
- Performing ad hoc analyses on data pulled from different sources including databases.
- Work with product managers and user experience teams to identify new product features and modify existing features as needed.
- Aggregate, draw conclusions/make recommendations, and disseminate results of analyses to internal and external stakeholders by creating data visualizations, writing memos, and giving presentations, as well as being able to articulate the methodologies used.
- Pair with others, both on the Analytics team and on software engineering teams, on projects related to analytics tasks.
- Ensure all results are peer-reviewed and reproducible.
What You Bring to Tendril:
- Experience with designing and running statistical algorithms, specifically regression, as well as knowledge of machine learning approaches.
- Solid understanding of how to evaluate models, confidence intervals, and diagnosing model goodness-of-fit.
- Knowledge of the basics of experimental design.
- Background in a field that allowed you to demonstrate good attention to detail and work quality.
- Desire to continue to learn new techniques/approaches and intellectual curiosity to take on any new challenge.
- Moderate to Advanced Python experience.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Positive attitude, ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, and ability to work on a team.
- Data visualization experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the energy industry is a plus.
What Make Working at Tendril Amazing:
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a mission to help the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.