SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
Company: SpotX, Inc.
Requisition ID: 25394
Here at SpotX, we are seeking a talented Data Scientist who can contribute brilliantly to our team. Our Data Science team solves problems important to the business giving the opportunity for high impact.
We know you want:
- To work for a company that actually knows what a Data Scientist is
- Be supported by leadership (higher up buy in)
- Be able to make an impact (eg your solutions will be put into production)
- Data (lots of data!)
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in you being a genuine human being and pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Build machine learning or statistical models to discover actionable insights
- Develop proof-of-concept solutions for advanced reporting or automated decision-making
- Monitor, tune, and extend existing Data Science solutions/products
- Be a resource for the Data Analysis team for advanced reporting needs
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and reporting for Operations and Engineering (HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Druid)
- Retrieve, clean, transform and overlay 3rd-party data
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Strong knowledge in Python, R, and/or Scala
- Solid understanding of predictive analytics, statistical modeling and data-mining (theory, algorithms and application)
- Knowledge and experience in: Regression (multivariate, logistic and kernel), Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, Survival analysis, Clustering, Optimization, Stochastic Processes
- A track record of providing compelling insights based on data
- Able to make intelligent approximations and design effective, practical, and scalable mathematical models
- Able to identify assumptions and the limitations of models/algorithms and the impact on reporting and decision-making
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Experience with SQL, Spark, and "Big-Data" is desirable
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Ad Tech experience
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO(work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment – flip flops OK
- Frisbees, foosball table and ping pong
- Benefits such as medical, dental, and 401(k)