Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services startup, located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that makes decorating your home simple, affordable and accessible for everyone.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Analytics and Data Science team to help transform Havenly’s approach to design services and e-commerce through data science. The Data Scientist is a hacker at heart and a swiss army knife when it comes to data. We are looking for a strong presence to guide data science process. This person will collaborate on data engineering efforts to access, transform, model, and store data to be used across the company, dive into exploratory data analysis to find insights and drive strategy, and develop predictive models that directly impact customer experiences and designer workflows.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key asset for the business to help us leverage our data to build tools to improve decision making across all business functions as well as implementing data products to improve our customer and designer experiences.
- Own the research and development of data science products, implementing machine learning models to recommend products to customers and designers, predict the quality of site/app visitors, develop metrics that assess/predict designer quality, develop alerts to customer operations, amongst many other things.
- Collaborate with an Analytics team to build and maintain data models (using dbt) in a robust data warehouse (Redshift) that powers a BI tool (Looker) and machine learning processes.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on designing and implementing machine learning models that address key business/product needs. You will consult all business areas on how they can leverage data science to improve their operations.
Tools You’ll be Using:
- SQL (MySQL and Redshift)
- Python for data munging, analysis, statistics, machine learning, and model implementations
- Looker/LookML for modeling data and developing dashboards to be exposed to business decision makers
- Command Line/Shell scripting
What you’ll bring:
- A Masters or PhD degree in statistics, computer science, economics, mathematics, or a related field, or 5+ years of related work experience
- You know your way around AWS and have dabbled with AWS CLI tools. Experience with AWS Lambda, S3, EC2 huge a plus.
- Expert level SQL, preferably MySQL and Redshift
- A Python hacker, you’ve implemented sklearn models, manipulated and analyzed data with Pandas
- A knowledge of statistical methods including machine learning and A|B testing methods
- Experience with classification, linear regression, clustering techniques
- Experience with natural language processing and feature extraction from text and images
- Experience implementing predictive models into production environments
- You have a tenacious desire to impact the success of the business
- You are comfortable in the command line and with a shell environment
- You want to put everything in a docker, almost
- You could be a Bayesian or a frequentist, as long as you have a reason
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize, manage & juggle multiple projects at one time- Nothing is impossible, you find a way to get things done
- You are a lifelong learner, you are always learning new things and love to teach others
- You have a passion for data-driven decisions and an aptitude for working with large amounts of data
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful.If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you. Apply below by sending resumes and cover letter.