Data Scientist at Alteryx
Alteryx is searching for a Data Scientist in the United States. (REMOTE is an option).
The Data Science and Innovation Lab creates technologies, tools, and products to put data science in the hands of anyone that has a problem to solve. We prioritize quality and customer experience in everything we build.
As a Data Scientist on the team, you will be on the forefront of analytic process automation breakthroughs. This is a hands-on role discovery role where you are expected to take chances, make mistakes, and get messy. Of course, this is then followed with strategic thinking, appropriate organization, and distilling the discoveries you make into easy consumable and highly valuable customer outcomes. You then have a chance to deliver your work directly into the product!
- Understand the needs of our customers in a variety of areas (Sales, Finance, Product, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Develop tools that bring advanced data science concepts into the reach of operations analysts in order to streamline and enhance their Analytic Process Automation
- Ownership of all aspects of our product suite, including CICD pipelines, testing, documentation, codebase, marketing examples, and help docs
- Leverage/implement a wide array of statistical, econometrics and advanced analytic methods, including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, to create new products, drive business insights and support data-driven decisions.
- Provide coaching and guidance on data science best practices throughout the community via blog posts
- Create and deliver training curriculum on data science leveraging Alteryx and other tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Physics, Data Science, or other Quantitative Discipline a plus
- 3+ years' relevant professional experience
- Experience leveraging statistics/econometrics with direct business application (Prediction, Forecasting, Inference)
- Experience developing business/customer insights using novel econometric techniques a plus
- Experience with Python, Alteryx, R, or other statistical software
- Experience with modern data warehouses/data structure techniques (Snowflake, Redshift/Dimensional Modeling)
- Experience leveraging visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.) to translate complex process/model output into deep business/customer insights
- Exceptional teamwork and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting technical concepts to all levels of internal/external customers
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture, managing multiple deliverables a plus
Brownie Points for:
- Experience delivering software
- Experience with Alteryx Designer / Server
- Experience with CICD pipelines
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Ann Arbor, MI is $88,400 - $150,300. Compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.