SonderMind is hiring a Data Scientist Lead to support our growing network of licensed providers and clients. The Data Scientist will craft the strategy, lead the execution of algorithms that support some of our most impactful business areas, and ultimately create a world-class product experience to improve behavioral health access, utilization, and outcomes. This person will report directly to the CPO and work closely with the company’s executive team and other directors and managers.Our Ideal Candidate
You will bring a mix of strong data science experience, exceptional execution skills, and the ability to define and deliver a compelling vision that drives business outcomes. You will foster cross-functional and cross-team collaboration and consistency by working closely with product design, engineering, clinical, provider, customer success, and executive leadership to articulate a strategy, navigate competing priorities, and build a best-in-class experience in a fast-paced, agile environment. You have experience leading and scaling teams.Key Responsibilities
- Shape the vision and roadmap for Sondermind’s Data Science and machine learning by working in tight collaboration with the company leadership and key stakeholders.
- Build deep, collaborative partnerships with cross-functional leaders across our Product Management, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Clinical, and Operation teams to deliver on the vision.
- Hire and develop a world-class team of data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Build innovative, delightful products and experiences to fundamentally transform the mental health space by combining the best of humans and technology.
- Create best practices for rolling out software to a complex, dynamic marketplace
- Explore the latest machine learning technologies that support the team’s overall mission
- Within the first 6 months of the role, implement a data science model that predicts better matching of provider and clients by impacting 3+ sessions by a client to the provider.
- Within 9 months of the role, develop a simulation platform that allows algorithms to be tested in a non-production environment to understand the impact on key metrics
- With 12 months of the role, implement a learning model that implements AI and ML
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (Economics, Computer Science, Physics)
- 7-10+ years of experience in Product Data Science and/or Growth Analytics, including in-depth experience with experimentation.
- 5+ years experience in building high-performing data science and analytics teams
- Working knowledge of predictive modeling, machine learning, and experimentation
- Proven judgment in balancing practical business needs and scientific rigor
- Proven communication skills and experience in connecting with and influencing a broad spectrum of audiences.
- Successful track record of developing strong cross-functional partnerships
- Passionate about mental health and our mission
- Impact driven, focused on business and quality outcomes
- A leader: You're kind, charismatic, and humble.
Nice to Have
- Marketplace experience
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Behavioral/mental health experience a plus
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range for this position is $110,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with skills and experience.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.