Data Scientist II at Sovrn
About the Team
The Data Science Solutions team, a subgroup of the larger Data Science team, operates at the intersection of data engineering and data science. In its support of the Data Solutions business development team, the Data Science Solutions team researches and develops new data product offerings and enhancements while maintaining compliance with licensing agreements and other privacy regulations. The team also supports the company as a whole with machine learning and business intelligence tools.
About the Job
With more than 35B data events at its disposal each day, the Data Science Solutions team is responsible for analyzing and developing POCs for new data products as well as optimizing existing ones. Opportunities to solve problems are ever present, and you will use your experience and creativity to generate a combination of both short-term and long-term solutions. In addition to supporting the Data Solutions business development team, there will be opportunities to contribute to the development of tools or enhancements for other products and services at Sovrn.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing proofs of concept for new product offerings
- Optimizing current products and services and driving the adoption of your proposals
- Serving as the subject matter expert for one or more features of a product/service
- Developing expertise in each data resource and methods to extract and process data (SQL, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Staying up to date with industry trends through personal research and initiative
- Partner with business leaders to drive performance improvements through rigorous analysis and decision support
- Collaborate with fellow data scientists, product managers, engineers, and data platform teams to further develop Sovrn’s products and data resources.
You’re driven, thoughtful, curious and organized. You enjoy solving problems and grow in tenacity the more elusive the solution seems to be. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re not afraid to make mistakes, and you’re eager to learn from them.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in an analytical area such as computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with Git, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, AWS and machine learning
- Competence in working independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to efficiently multitask and work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results
- Desire for professional and personal growth opportunities
- A background in data products and/or the ad technology industry
- Experience with Java, Golang or GCP
Position Reports to: Manager, Data Science Solutions
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $95,000 to $125,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.