The Data Science team is charged with creating an environment at DAT where data is treated as a critical business asset. Our Data Scientists are part of the Data Science team and report to the Data Science Manager.
Our Data Scientists are responsible for working with internal stakeholders to address a wide variety of data objectives – from traditional business intelligence to aid in the development of sophisticated models to be part of our products to addressing strategic questions, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Capable of independently developing statistical and machine learning models in R. and/or Python to solve pressing business problems in the software as a service space
- Participate and lead team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve internal client issues.
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports for internal clients.
- Individual will be responsible for quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data working in small teams or independently to develop, test, and harden advanced analytical models as required.
- Individual will also be able to support the full stack of required technologies for deployment of data-science solutions.
The Skills You’ll Need
- Masters or higher degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or other STEM disciplines.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools.
- Good communication skills and strong business presence.
- At least 2 years of experience in data-driven analysis using stats packages in Python or R.
- At least 2 years of regular usage of relational databases and data structures
- Strong ability to code in Python, SQL, and R.
- Experience in developing production level code in those languages.
- Mathematical background sufficient to support the development and evaluation of appropriate business algorithms.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Advanced statistics and machine learning/NLP techniques and algorithms using R, Python, Java on ML platforms such as Spark, H20 etc.
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $120,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.