Data Scientist, E-commerce Optimization at PopSockets LLC
Data Scientist, E-commerce Optimization
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
Popsockets is seeking a Data Scientist that will work with our cross functional teams to develop a deep understanding of our customers across our digital platforms. This role will support multi-channel customer marketing and provide insights, analysis and recommendations that provide critical support in informing strategic decisions and objectives.
Our objective, through quantitative and qualitative research, is finding opportunities for conversion optimization in every step of the digital-customer journey as we strive to deliver digital excellence.
- Test ideas are generated and prioritized with the statement “what is the problem we are trying to solve”
- Qualitative & Quantitative: Data insights, usability work, internal ideas and previous tests play a major role in defining the problems
- Tests and Optimizations are prioritized based on estimated value of lift to checkout-funnel metrics
- Work with cross functional partners (Optimization, , IT, Marketing, Finance, etc.) teams to develop analysis and reporting focused on performance metrics around the profitability of subscription based and lead generation business.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to bridge the gap between customer online behaviors and cross channel/device customer views to propose new acquisitions, cultivation, retention, and win-back strategies.
- Forecast & develop data driven A/B testing strategies to influence business strategy and prioritization.
- Leverage analytical tools to understand end-to-end customer behavior and conduct pathing analysis to optimize customer experience, e.g. email engagement, mobile app click, golden pathways, conversion analysis, and marketing effectiveness.
- Deliver quick turnarounds on dashboards, identify trends and/or issues within data sets, and make recommendations to influence business decisions and investments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing actions, recommend segmentation approaches and deliver actionable insights to improve customer lifetime value.
- Present analytical results and insights to business partners to answer strategic questions and influence business decisions.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct testing across global eCommerce sites; measure performance and make data driven recommendations to the business.
- Dive into complex data sets to analyze trends, identify opportunities and quantify the potential value of new initiatives.
- Consult with business stakeholders (e.g. eCommerce/merch leads) on ad-hoc analyses, experiments, and reporting
- Effectively communicate analysis findings to non-technical stakeholders and senior leadership
- Develop smart, compelling dashboards and reports to track KPI’s, identify trends, and monitor the business
- Prepare, deliver, and automate periodic analyses which includes insights of sales activity and results along with key performance indicators required to drive our business
- Recommend and implement processes to streamline and continuously improve our current reporting/analytics to raise awareness and drive corrective actions.
- Collaborate cross function to impact merchandising, product and buying.
- Responsible for fully understanding the functionality and application of site analytics tools such as Google Analytics. Use this knowledge to answer business questions, drive insights and roadmap actionable next steps.
- Evaluate A/B tests that improve the user experience and support the business needs
- Use our analytics tools to identify ways to improve performance and efficiency of the online business. Use leading analytics tools, including video/session replay tools, voice of the consumer surveys and research, as well as more traditional KPIs to understand our consumer behavior to help define our overall ecommerce strategy.
- Lead PopSockets digital analytics strategy and contribute to company strategy in selection and implementation of analytical tools and vendors.
- Collaborate with the website technology team to identify gaps in data capture strategy and implement enhancements. Coordinate tags, tracking parameter implementations.
- Contribute to PopSockets Digital UAT testing, personalization and A/B Testing, CRM Marketing, and Digital Marketing by providing insight to teams and partnering with our analysts.
- Create, conduct and refine ongoing analysis of business performance required to support site decisions on a daily basis.
- Experience leveraging Google Tag manager.
- Own our global ecommerce reporting dashboard
- Drive Digital Marketing Dashboard
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a data analytics capacity, experience with e-commerce and digital marketing strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of multivariate A/B testing techniques, measurements, and best practices.
- Understanding of relational database theory and be proficient in writing and understanding complex SQL code.
- Experience with Data ETL processes and API based development.
- Ability to juggle multiple complex KPIs and determine the most valuable & relevant to the test design.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Alteryx) and real time dashboard development.
- High proficiency in MS Excel and Web Analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
- Understanding of data modeling, relational database concepts and structures.
- Strong oral and written communicator with demonstrated experience translating analytics findings into business insights in order to influence business stakeholders to drive actionable decisions and optimize business performance.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Curious, self-motivated thinker; always asks why and strives until the answer is clear.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in line with business objectives, react to shifting priorities while adhering to deadlines.
Salary range for the role is 90-120k base, based on experience.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.