We're looking for architects, developers and data scientists with all levels of experience with the architectures and implementation of technologies associated with data / audience management platforms and solutions and associated large-scale data stores. Additionally, experience with the design and implementation of machine learning models applied to audience characteristics and intender modeling graphs is a plus.
- Developing new tools and technologies in the video ad serving space
- Collaborating and problem solving
- Mentor junior developers
- Work on an agile team comprised of 4 to 5 developers
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings and all meetings of the agile SLC: planning,
- Research and experiment with different machine learning algorithms and techniques for pattern analysis, statistical modeling, feature engineering and predictive model building
- Prototype and produce the developed Machine Learning solutions
- Work with Engineers to make sure the models scale well on high volumes of data
- Use Hive, Python, Java to utilize Hadoop/Spark to process large-scale datasets
- Able to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex log-based data sets
- Explore and interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques
- Use big data skills to bring high volumes of data and data modeling together
- Awareness of priorities of client-driven and internal projects
- Partner with Data Engineers to get projects into production
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews for data science projects
Requirements and Experience:
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science or engineering)
- 1+ years’ experience working for a technology company
- In depth knowledge and experience with: Regression, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, Clustering, Optimization, Stochastic Processes
- Solid understanding of predictive analytics, statistical modeling, and data-mining (theory, algorithms, and application)
- Able to make intelligent approximations and design effective, practical, and scalable mathematical models
- Able to identify assumptions and the limitations of models/algorithms and the impact on reporting and decision-making
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with Spark and "Big-Data" is desirable
- Experience with Version Control such as git
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Mac development environment
- Web-based environments
- Cloud-Native applications
- Relational databases (e.g., MySQL)
- Awesome object-oriented programming/design skills
- Comfortable at the Unix/Linux prompt
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration, integration testing, and an appreciation for its value
- C++ / C
- Angular JS
- git / GitHub - we like developers who like developing!
- Agile development
- NoSQL (e.g., Cassandra) and Kafka experience
- This position is based in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and an annual technical education stipend.
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $85,000 - $120,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 10 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.