Data Scientist - Developer
As a Data Scientist - Developer you will be working with the data science group, data platform and reliability engineers to drive product development, infrastructure and enable insight discovery. Your role is to help connect business insights and analytics with raw data and technologies. You will be looked to for the development of environments, technology solutions and best practices in our space. We want you to share your knowledge with the rest of the team and gain new skills as you solve new and challenging problems. A great candidate might be a previous data engineer or software developer who wants to get closer to the application of data for the business.
- Enable product development by aiding in design and implementation meetings.
- Build infrastructure with scale, customization and robustness in mind.
- Mentor and share your knowledge with other team members.
- Work with our current platform to take solutions to 100%
- Gather insights and delivery findings to key stakeholders.
- Flexibility to learn new skills, try out new technologies and make decisions.
- Ability to complete work from start to end with less guidance.
- Prior software engineering, big data and development experience.
- Desire to see challenges and say ‘Yes, we can figure it out.’
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Specific Data Science and Engineering skills.
- System networking and automation experience.
- Python and Java, working with Git.
- Development, writing production code, building applications and pipelines.
- AWS knowledge.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following: HQL/Hive, MySQL, Bash Scripting, DC/OS, Containers.
- Passion for mentoring and coaching more junior employees; consistently providing them with constructive feedback to help their professional growth
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization
- Must be able to plan and manage multiple processes and ad hoc projects simultaneously
- Must pay high attention to detail and be able to process a high volume of information quickly and accurately