Quantum Metric helps organizations build better digital products faster. Our platform for Continuous Product Design gives business and technical teams a single version of truth that’s fast, quantified, and grounded on what customers actually experience. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
We are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences. We encourage creative problem solving, rapid innovation and bold goal-setting. Our relatively flat organization structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most. We are a close-knit team moving fast to deliver value to our customers and continue pushing the envelope as we develop new products.
About the Role
As a data science engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the transformation and architecture of data relating to the scale and execution of innovative predictive machine learning and AI models around online customer behavior. In this role you will be an integral part of developing first in class products intended to spearhead the analytics industry and provide unique value to Quantum Metric’s customers.
Your primary focus will be (a) designing, building, testing, integrating, managing, and optimizing data from a variety of sources (b) build free-flowing data pipelines by combining a variety of big data technologies that enable real-time analytics by writing complex queries to ensure that data is easily accessible (c) developing predictive models from the cleansing data phase to deployment to live production environment, and (d) developing automation processes to measure online user behavior. As a part of your day to day you will collaborate across all areas of the organization. In particular, you will liaise with our Platform Services group, understanding our existing infrastructure and seeking to optimize where practical.
- Build, test, and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets to meet both functional and non-functional business demands
- Build the infrastructure necessary for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data (from a variety of sources leveraging GCS, BigQuery and SQL technologies)
- Identify, design, implement, and enhance internal processes
- Automate manual processes
- Optimize data delivery
- Re-design infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build analytics tools that utilize data pipelines to deliver actionable insights
- Work with all stakeholders across departments
- Assist data scientists in building and optimizing products
- Master’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, or closely related fields.
- 5-7 years of work experience. Strong quantitative analytical skills; with statistical analysis competence in techniques such as correlation, regression, KPI metric development, segmentation modeling and algorithms.
- Experience in machine learning models such as Deep Neural Networks, XGboost and random forest.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL (writing and debugging)
- Proven track record developing, managing, and optimizing big data architectures and pipelines
- Experience performing internal and external root cause analysis
- Strong analytical skills when working with unstructured data sets
- Experience working with cloud-based data solutions, in particular GCS.
- Proven experience successfully manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large and disconnected data sets
- Experience with automation and configuration management
- Strong background in Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark, Kubernetes
- This will be the best group that you ever work with. We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded with stock options, a competitive salary and full benefits. Most importantly, you’ll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Competitive earnings
- Full benefits, with medical covered 99% by the company
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Awesome, smart people who bring energy into every day of work
- Awesome product with valuable industry differentiation
About Quantum Metric
Since our founding in 2015, a growing list of brands have taken the Quantum Leap, including lululemon, IHG, and Carhartt. In 2019 Quantum Metric earned recognition for its revenue growth and product innovation from Deloitte (Top 100 fastest growing companies), CNBC (Upstart 100 most innovative companies), Gartner (Cool Vendor) and Ernst & Young (Entrepreneur of the Year).
The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years. We’re thoughtfully scaling out our team to add outstanding talent that is equally passionate about being part of a team that is fast-paced, innovative and values passion, honesty, persistence, and curiosity.
We’re offering you the opportunity to develop your career in a tech space ripe for disruption. If all of this inspires you, then what are you waiting for? Talk to us today!
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf