Data Science Engineer
Guild is hiring for a Data Science Engineer to build, maintain, and iterate on data systems to power Guild’s interactions with students through marketing, operations, and the product so we can efficiently and effectively support students at scale.
In particular, we are looking for an experienced software developer/growth engineer who can effectively partner with teams across the organization to build systems so we can leverage data to help our teams and students. We are looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, provide functional expertise, move quickly, and is interested in being a part of a world class team.
As a Data Science Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with data and decision scientists, data engineers, and operators to build systems to leverage analytics at scale
- Build and deploy systems to get rapid feedback and improve
- Choose the right tool for the job - balancing speed with scalability
- Build APIs, infrastructure, and data pipelines and leverage any technologies you need to drive impact
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Mike Cornelius (Director of Enrollment Services), Sean McEwen (Sr. Data Engineer), & Emily Nava (Sr. Director of Business Operations Tools & Research).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Proven experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, or Scala
- Expertise in database technologies such as Redshift, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, AWS and working with large sets of data
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to other engineers, analysts, product managers, and stakeholders.
- Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.