Data & Reporting Analyst
Why work with us:
Blinker is a Denver-based mobile app that puts people in control of car ownership. We started our company because we believe the used car market has a major consumer problem – each year, twenty eight million people in the US buy or sell a car at the dealership and lose thousands of dollars in every transaction. Blinker is the only company that allows anyone to sell a car with a lien, buy a car with financing or refinance a car, all on their own with their mobile device.
Our CEO, Rod Buscher, founded Blinker in 2013. Today, Blinker's leadership team carries 170 years of collective automotive and lending experience. Blinker has received over 100,000 downloads and originated millions of dollars in auto loans. We’ve also won a 2017 SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, Colorado Biz Top Company Award, Telly Award, as well as been named a “Gazelle” by the Denver Office of Economic Development and a Colorado Company to Watch.
We’re looking for talented people to help us continue to scale our business and serve a nationwide audience from our headquarters in downtown Denver. We’re a passionate, smart, and driven group, working together to cause some major market disruption. You could be part of that. If you’re eager and ready to work alongside inspiring teammates and make a major, positive impact on our business each and every day, we want you to join us.
The opportunity to join Blinker's in the Data & Reporting Analyst role is ideal for a curiosity-driven strategic thinker, possessing strong analytical skills and who thrives in an environment conducive to thorough analysis and complex options.
What you will be doing:
As a data analyst you will help empower Blinker to make data-driven decisions while working closely with internal stakeholders to support business initiatives. You will be expected to navigate through uncertainty to provide actionable analytic insights from available data.
- Develop and enhance analytical tools, such as models, reports, and dashboards, to monitor performance and drive ongoing execution of business and marketing initiatives
- Deliver deep-dive analysis on key performance drivers to support continuous improvement
- Deliver an analytical read on tests for operational changes to determine the impact of the change and inform any rollout decisions
- Transform data for reporting and analysis, identifying patterns and signs of anything that can deliver a positive business impact.
- Monitor performance of business goals and communicate status through reporting and visual analytics.
- Develop, implement, and maintain performance measurement reporting and analytics for multiple areas of the business, including marketing, consumer behavior, consumer financing, partnerships, transactions, operations, and financial analysis
- Leverage reporting best practices to automate reports and find creative solutions to maximize reporting output
- Perform market assessments and analyze trends
- Prepare ad hoc data analyses and research
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and decision makers.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in collection, mining, reporting, and analysis of large amounts of data, preferably in a consumer-facing industry
- Demonstrated top-caliber analytic and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity for finding optimal solutions to complex problems and passion for bringing those solutions to a reality within our business
- Proven ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, and communicate reporting for management and internal stakeholders
- Proficiency using MS Excel and other data and dashboard systems (we currently use Chartio, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and more)
- Experience in a start-up or growth oriented business, entrepreneurial mindset to always be looking forward is preferred
- Consumer mobile application, marketing, automotive and/or finance industry experience a plus
- Blinker Inc. does not currently provide Visa sponsorship
What we offer to you:
- Competitive pay + equity
- Paid/flexible time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and parental leave benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid covered parking in Tabor Center garage or RTD transportation
- Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, beverages, & cold brew coffee on tap
- Regularly recurring, company-side social activities (e.g. BBQ lunches on patio and afternoon happy hours)