Data Quality Analyst
Guild is hiring a Data Quality Analyst to improve operational efficiency and drive a better customer experience for our students. The Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for developing a Data Quality program and ensuring the timely completion of high-value projects. Working in partnership with teams across the organization, the successful candidate will locate and solve problems across the Data Quality spectrum.
High-quality data is critical to the smooth operation of Guild’s education marketplace. We ingest, process, and exchange large volumes of data between our Students, Employer Partners, and Academic Partners. Together these data sources enable Guild to serve our student populations and process education benefits payments, efficiently and accurately.
The position requires experience participating in and running enterprise Data Quality projects, a strong service-oriented mindset, and an agile, innovative approach to solving technical and business challenges. We are looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, provide functional expertise and strategic input, and wants to build and be a part of a world-class team.
As a Data Quality Analyst you will:
- Act as the owner and single point of contact across Guild to investigate and resolve student data issues
- Work with product, engineering, operations, and coaching teams to:
- Identify student data issues that are impacting business operations and outcomes
- Analyze data patterns to diagnose root causes of those issues
- Assess and quantify business impacts of inaccurate and missing data
- Define and implement resolution processes
- Propose product and process enhancements that would improve data quality and fix data issues at the source
- Ensure Data Quality projects are appropriately scoped, defined, planned, staffed, and executed
- Create and update documentation and provide ongoing training for team members
- Provide timely customer support via response to submitted tickets, analysis, and resolution of student data issues
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members and data partners to improve operational excellence
- Develop tools to monitor and track data issues
- Report out to the organization on Data Quality activity
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Strong troubleshooting skills, including the ability to diagnose a problem and provide technically accurate details and workarounds.
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to actively listen, problem solve, and communicate across technical and business teams.
- Prior experience with data conversions and integrations and/or project management experience.
- Familiarity with relational database models
- Knowledge of SQL syntax including ability to write both simple and complex queries.
- Advanced Excel skills required, exposure to CRM and/or financial systems helpful.
- An understanding of data quality methodologies and applications.
- An aptitude for learning business processes and the data that power them.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and a client-focused approach.
- Experience implementing Data Quality projects.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Proven communication, collaboration and organization skills.
- A track record of managing time and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced "startup" environment using agile methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, with an emphasis on Data Analysis or Business Intelligence.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years of data analyst experience.
- 2+ years experience managing teams, mentoring individuals, and developing overall team aptitudes.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Salesforce and Workday (among other social impact and VC partners!).
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.