We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is hiring a Data Platform Engineer to join our team!
As a member of our rapidly growing data engineering team, you will be given a high level of autonomy to guide the architecture of this new platform. Our data engineering team works with stakeholders in the product engineering teams as well as data analysts around the company to make sure their data is highly available and correct.
Learn more about our engineering culture here.
Who will love this job
- A standout colleague – you thrive off of developing and supporting your peers and junior teammates; no job is too small for you
- A doer – you get things done, you move quickly, and you love working in a dynamic environment
- A problem solver – you not only think about the bigger picture but can also connect the dots and dedicatedly resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- An excellent communicator – you have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
What you’ll do
- As a member of our rapidly growing data engineering team, you will work with stakeholders in the product engineering teams as well as data humans (analysts and scientists) around the company.
- You will help design and build the data platform that supports both our product teams, as well as our internal data analysts.
- You will build data pipelines and tools using Kubernetes and Argo, and help lay the foundation for our growing machine learning capabilities.
- You will work across our data stack to help us take our data products to the next level - from data pipelines to analytical modeling to machine learning tools.
You should have
- You’re an experienced software developer and feel comfortable writing in languages like Python, as well as working directly with SQL
- You’re comfortable architecting data pipelines.
- You’re comfortable developing and debugging ETLs that run across multiple systems and tools (Airflow, Argo, etc.)
- You’re comfortable working with analysts and data scientists to design and build data transformations that improve analytics and clean data.
- You’re comfortable with non-SQL analytics and ETL tools (Hadoop, Spark, dbt, etc.)
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $128,000-$180,000.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**