Data Operations Manager at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Data Operations Manager reporting to the Engineering Manager of Team Brain to focus on managing our team of AI data experts. AMP’s Data Ops team works alongside machine learning to build datasets and models that improve AMP’s AI performance on business critical objectives. This role is focused on providing support and organization to the existing team, working cross functionally with machine learning infrastructure and modeling teams to plan key initiatives, scaling the data ops function through hiring or efficiency improvements, and representing the data team’s work to the AMP organization.
As our Data Operations Manager, you will work to:
- Manage our data projects team
- Propose and implement our quarterly data projects roadmap
- Advocate for the data teams’ tooling needs to supercharge efficiency
- Interface with sales to manage non-standard deals that require data support
- Interface with service and support to remediate poorly performing AI in the fleet
- Manage the relationship with our offshore teams, and recommend growth plans for AMP’s offshore spend
- Dive into data projects to directly impact performance targets for our AI
- Grow the team by recruiting
Innovations delivered by the Data Ops team mean that AMP’s systems will recycle more material. This generates revenue directly, and delivers value to customers. This role will supercharge our effort by implementing scalable, operational processes for the Data Ops team.
- Direct manager for the data team, which consists of 4+ skilled individuals
- Point of contact for the offshore annotation teams AMP uses to generate data
- Hiring manager for new roles in the data team
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience managing technical teams
- 2+ years of process engineering and group efficiency experience
- Degree in a technical field, with professional experience with data analysis tools like SQL
- Skilled in setting up and iterating systems for work management and execution
- Capable of high level planning and detail oriented follow through
- Experience as a hiring manager
- Proficiency in data science
- Candid, empathic leadership style
- Comfort using work management tools like Jira
- Experience working adjacent to software development teams
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field
- 2+ years of project management, process engineering, or operations optimization experience
- 2+ years as a people manager for technical roles, like product operations management, program management, annotation lead, annotation supervisor, etc.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO or remote
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $130,000 - $148,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.