Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Data Materials Specialist. The Data Materials Specialist will curate data and analyze our various data systems, all in order to help develop, test, and train AMP Robotics’ autonomous waste characterization platform. This individual will work with the Data Acquisition Manager, providing the critical data required to improve material recognition in a growing range of applications.
As our Data Materials Specialist, you will work to:
- Perform analysis of our systems and of our data to extract actionable insights
- Aid in the collection / presentation / upkeep of samples used to train our AI and demonstrate its capabilities within the AMP Robotics headquarters’ lab
- Provide insights and facilitate timely updates across multiple internal business communication platforms
- Become a credible representative of our data in meetings and direct customer interactions
- Balance in the space between field service and ongoing development
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in roles that require self-direction, creativity, and ability to meet deadlines
- Expertise within Google drive software and ability to quickly master new applications to ensure effective integration of information across platforms
- Strong oral and written communication skills to convey complex information across teams
- Demonstrated understanding of proactive problem-solving ability
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of office work experience
- Familiarity with a data querying language (like SQL)
- Experience with a project management tool
- Context for machine learning
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.