The Data Integration Architect is responsible for integrating multiple data sources into Salesforce.com and/or business intelligence platforms. This position is responsible for reviewing Salesforce integration requirements with a solid understanding of various integration options to implement a cohesive data architecture solution that aligns with the overall technology ecosystem while serving the customer’s business needs.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design data integration strategies utilizing Salesforce.com
- Translate business requirements and corresponding processes into technical requirements for Salesforce configuration and data architecture
- Analyze and profile the source data as input into the overall data architecture solution
- Review existing application platforms to establish the system of record and build effective data flows across the technical ecosystem
- Design, develop, and implement data integrations (SSIS packages) to migrate data between client data sources and Salesforce, per overall data architecture solution. Integrations may be between cloud, on-premise and hybrid platforms.
- Collaborate with Salesforce Consultants on solution design and implementation, configuring the Salesforce platform as required and incorporating nuances of client’s Salesforce solution into SSIS integrations
- Design and conduct any one-time data migration / data conversion activities, as needed per client
- Identify anomalies, errors, patterns, and trends in source data and apply these findings to reduce future rework or errors
- Write Source-to-Target documents to identify how source data will map to target tables and specify any data transformations required
- Build relevant Salesforce reports and dashboards for clients to review data migration results
- Recommend and implement best practices as it pertains to data quality
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to assist with data-related technical issues
- Ensure architecture and design is compliant with client specific technical, security, and regulatory standards
- Lead proof of concept activities for new tools, technologies, infrastructure, and processes related to integration initiatives
- Proactively research new vendors, technologies, and industry best practices. Determine relevancy and impact of implementing new solution architecture methodologies.
- Keep up with the latest Salesforce technology and releases with the expectation to support Salesforce consulting projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred; or 8+ years of experience implementing technology solutions and data migration and integration projects
- Proficiency in implementing reliable, complex, secure, high performance and scalable data integration solutions on the Salesforce.com platform
- Ability to lead architectural discussions and identify & assess solution alternatives
- Hands on experience with middleware, integration architecture patterns, and web service technologies
- Experience collaborating with business and IT teams on requirements, design, security, infrastructure, networking, QA areas to ensure alignment and compliance.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of cross functional and cross vendor teams.
Required Technical Skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong experience in designing data models as part of Salesforce solutions
- Strong experience with SSMS, SSIS, and integration tools such as KingswaySoft
- Salesforce Administrator and/or Salesforce App Builder certification, or equivalent experience with Salesforce configuration
- Solid understanding of data integration methodologies and expert level experience with ETL from a variety of data sources
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience with business intelligence software (Power BI, DOMO, Tableau, or similar products)
- Experience with cloud-to-cloud and hybrid integration architecture
- Familiarity with Internet security protocols such as SSL/TLS, SSO, SAML, OAuth
- Experience architecting for Big Data solutions a plus
Professional Qualifications – Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Coachable, dedicated to improvement
- Strong attention to detail, a must
- Hands on and effective in a fast moving, creative environment
- Ability to process questions, problems, comments, objections and apply appropriate feedback, professionally and quickly
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks while successfully achieving deadlines for client delivery
- Possesses relationship building skills combined with a collaborative personal style with desire and drive for results
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Expected hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with regular office hours Monday through Friday. This position may require occasional after hours or weekend work, depending on work demands.
This position may require some domestic US travel, up to 10% of the time, for strategic client meetings, sales presentations, industry events, team meetings and client events.