Data Integration Analyst
If you have P&C insurance experience and are passionate about data and want to make an impact to the next big evolution in Insurance analytics, join us! We are based in Greenwich, CT and we are looking for people who share our drive to achieve excellence in everything we do.
In this role you will support the Director of Data Acquisition and Analytics in the following areas:
- Through understanding of the disparate broker data feeds, data and process flow, and the RiskMatch database, work on improving efficiencies of the data loads, and reconciliation of brokers' insurance data in the RiskMatch platform. Develop deep understanding of data sources, granularity, availability, and limitations of the various data environments supporting RiskMatch.
- Working with Development, define and document technical best practices for data mapping, data transformations, data quality, data cleansing, ETL and other data movement related activities and the application of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the process that improves efficiency, reducing costs and allowing us to scale as we grow
- Develop and document data specification for the flow of data from our brokers' disparate data formats and external data into the RiskMatch Database, including the ODS and the Data Warehouse
- Work with development team on the development of internal DSL mapping tool using groovy/sql to support data mapping to XML for input to ETL. Ensure that DSL mapping tool is in full functioning order before releasing for use by Data Integration Analyst
- Develop Comprehensive Data QA Strategy for the RiskMatch Platform. This is to include QA for new onboarding, new RM Application Functionality, and any reporting on the platform.
- Provide appropriate training, mentoring and support for Data tools to the analysts and business users. Facilitate communication upward and across project teams.
- Perform other projects as necessary as the data evolves
- 7+ years of experience in leading and defining the Extract, Transform, Load process from disparate sources
- Sound understanding of relational structures, data modeling, data warehousing, SQL, software development skills and reporting techniques.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience working with data in multiple formats such as XML, CSV, Flat files and MYSQL.
- Hands-on experience with java/groovy is a plus.
- Experience with git and AWS is a plus.
- Absolutely required: analytical mindset.
This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in a changing and very complex industry. Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around a commitment to continuous innovation and the drive to exceed demanding expectations every day.