Data Governance Analyst
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Data Analyst for the Data Governance team. As part of the Analytics organization, the governance team is responsible for monitoring the entirety of the data lifecycle. The analyst is expected to dive in and learn the intricacies of Sling’s data. With goals of improving Sling’s data accuracy, simplifying how data is queried, and enhancing documentation, the governance analyst will explore tables, poke and prod to understand data connections, spot irregularities, document findings, and be available as a resource to teach others. This position will be directly responsible for making Sling a truly data-driven organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with project managers, product owners, data warehouse teams, IT security, and other analytics teams to ensure new projects and features generate the data necessary to perform beneficial analyses.
- Become a subject matter expert in data sets stemming from new projects and features in order to spot irregularities and to share knowledge with other analytics teams.
- Identify opportunities to build new tables that would simplify querying for reporting and analysis.
- Develop QA processes to ensure Sling’s data is passing properly from applications, websites, vendors, etc. into the data lake.
- Work with data warehouse teams to improve Sling’s data quality and resolve data issues.
- Assist with the creation of wiki pages to document data flows and schema/table content.
- Distill large queries down to optimal code that can easily be understood by other analysts.
- Perform competitive intelligence to ensure Sling has the best possible data products leading to the company being #1 in customer experience.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working with data sets, data quality assurance, and/or governance is preferred
- Advanced skill in SQL querying, experience working with large data sets (AWS, Hadoop, GCP, etc) is preferred
- Python skills are a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication, experience creating process flows and/or data documentation is a plus
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of industry best practices for analytics
- Track record of building relationships with internal and third-party partners
- Proactive, high attention to detail, and organized