Ibotta is looking for a Data Engineering Manager to drive execution of our transformational data strategy, grow our self-service and enablement capabilities, and continue to lead and develop our data engineering team as we transition to a scalable Data Mesh Architecture. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, collaborative, and inspiring servant leader with a track record of attracting, developing, and retaining world-class engineering talent.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Lead the strategic direction and tactical execution of Data Engineering at Ibotta in support of our ambitious data agenda
- Be a change agent and drive scale through democratization of data capabilities and creating a culture of efficient, self-service enabled data producers
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Ibotta architecture team to ensure alignment on data architecture, standards, and capabilities
- Set clear expectations for team members; solicit, synthesize and deliver feedback
- Proactively identify and clear roadblocks for the team
- Promote and maintain a healthy and collaborative culture across the team and broader organization
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers
What we are looking for:
- Strong servant leader who demonstrates high “EQ”, effective written and verbal communication, and experience working at all levels of the organization
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with a proven ability to build awesome, high performing teams, retain top talent, and lead complex technical initiatives
- 5+ years of experience as a data or software engineer
- Strong advocate for the team members in managing individual performance and career progression
- Experience effectively balancing the team’s workloads and priorities while creating and maintaining strong relationships across the organization
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and platforms (e.g. Kafka) is a strong plus
- Understanding and experience with Agile software development and management
- Exposure to multiple languages, frameworks, and big data tools, preferably: Python, Airflow, Hive & Spark
- Experience with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $135,000-$170,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.