WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHAT WE HOPE FOR YOU…
As Maxwell’s first Data Engineering Lead, you’ll help define the effort in designing, creating, and maintaining an optimal data pipeline architecture to drive key business operations and decisions at Maxwell. You’re incredibly comfortable in a role that requires working cross-functionally and helping to provide strategic vision to ensure goals are met. Maxwell prioritizes diversity and creating an environment of equality and belonging, and this is something important to this person when it comes to working as a team and being a part of hiring for this team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Provide technical guidance and help implement and automate the Maxwell Data Pipeline.
- Designing data models, building or scaling an existing data warehouse and/or data lake.
- Assembling large, complex sets of data from multiple data sources.
- Identifying, designing and implementing processes to redesign infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
- Manage and supervise the data within the software as well as handle the data’s source system and staging areas.
- Simplify data cleansing along with subsequent building and improving the reduplication of data.
- Designing and building infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies.
- Extracting and doing ad-hoc data query building.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Supporting and committing to the design and implementation of systems with data security as a key priority.
IDEALLY YOU'LL HAVE...
- Robust data engineering, data science, or software engineering experience.
- Skilled proficiency in Python, Java, and SQL.
- Proficiency using software and tools Extensive background in data warehousing concepts and working knowledge of Amazon Web Services or other cloud services highly preferred.
- Experience with software and tools including big data tools like Kafka, Spark, or Hadoop. relational NoSQL and SQL databases including Cassandra and Postgres; workflow management and pipeline tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Azkaban; AWS services including Redshift, RDS, EMR and EC2; stream-processing systems like Spark-Streaming and Storm.
- Experience with designing data models, building data warehouses and data lakes, and implementing automated data pipelines while working with massive datasets.
- Project Management experience preferred
Not sure you meet all our ideals? We're a company focused on capabilities and would still love to hear from you so please apply!
Compensation Range: $150,000-$170,000
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Flexible vacation time plus strong benefits packages offering a wide range of top-tier insurance plans so all Maxwell employees can find coverage that best suits their needs
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A company that is people-centric: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description