Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 17,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
We’re seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our Analytics-BI team! The ideal candidate is a SQL and data warehouse expert who is passionate about building, maintaining, and seeking opportunities to improve data workflows that support ETL, data quality and data science programs. This team and role is a critical element to Evolve’s success and helps position us as an innovator and thought-leader in the vacation rental space.
The Analytics team at Evolve is on a mission to make data accessible and valuable for the entire company. We’re responsible for defining strategies for storing, transforming, and providing access to data as well as analyzing data and delivering actionable insights and models to all departments.
What you’ll do
- Build custom ETL scripts in SQL, Python and Enterprise ETL tools likes informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Snaplogic etc. to transform and load data to the Snowflake data warehouse
- Build ETL scripts to automate data quality checks and alerts on source data, data transformations, and the overall health of our data infrastructure
- Conduct research and assist with the implementation of new tools or enhancements which support the infrastructure and pipelines for custom ETL processes, automated data quality checks
- Manage the deployment and monitoring of scheduled R and Python Scripts with Prefect, our tool for data flow automation, and AWS EC2 and Fargate
- Assist in defining quality and design standards for ETL, Python, Prefect and AWS as well documenting and training the Analytics team on these standards
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years of relevant experience BI or data engineering experience
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience with databases like Oracle , Snowflake , DB2, Azure SQL, Mongo or similar databases is required
- Advanced ETL tools administration ( code deployment , security , setup and configuration )
- Experience with Enterprise ETL tools like Informatica, Talend , Alyterx, Snaplogic or other similar ETL tools
- Python coding experience (mid to senior level)
- Experience with data pipeline design and automation
- Experience deploying applications in Docker
- Experience with a cloud-based BI platform and data warehouse a plus
- Experience with Airflow or Prefect a plus
- Experience with AWS Fargate and Lambda a plus
- Experience designing and deploying high performance applications with reliable monitoring and logging practices a plus
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work in our beautiful downtown Denver office, completely remote, or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
Not in Colorado? We're happy to consider candidates in the following states: AR, AZ, CT, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, and WA.
For this role our salary range is $109,000 - $125,000, depending on relevant experience
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.