Data Engineer at Signpost
Thousands of businesses partner with Signpost to manage communications with their prospects and customers for the entire lifecycle of their relationship – from lead, to job, to repeat business. Signpost is growing, and we’re excited to add talent to our engineering team! We’re looking for a passionate teammate who loves using data to power insights, and is eager to join an entrepreneurial environment.
How you’ll make an impact
You will help turn Signpost into a data driven organization by helping build an ecosystem around our data assets that can power our decision making, improve our product, and help our customers win.
What you’ll do
- Improve our data warehouse - Signpost leverages AWS and Redshift for our data warehouse. Some of our data is hard to access or not yet optimized. You will help us build a more robust ETL pipeline and expand the availability of data in the warehouse. You will also look at modernizing our approach to data storage by helping move from a warehouse to a data lake.
- Expand the usage of our data assets - You will help make our data easier to understand and easier to access so that all departments can leverage it to improve decision making. This means adding data to the warehouse through new ETL pipelines, building easy to understand views that provide convenient and fast access to key data attributes.
- Connect our business systems to our product - We use a number of SaaS products like Hubspot, Salesforce, Gainsight and Braze to run our business. You will help move key data assets from these systems to our warehouse while also syncing our data into these tools.
- Expand our Business Intelligence platform - We use Looker to power BI at Signpost. You will help make data available in Looker by building models and views that are easy to understand.
- Modern software and delivery practices - You will help our Agile teams build products that leverage our data by making our data well documented and protected in production. You will help us maintain modern security best practices and ensure we handle data securely.
What you’ll bring with you
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS like Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Redshift. You understand how to optimize queries and build materialized views.
- Experience with ETL pipeline management tools like Airflow, Singer, or ideally AWS Lambda with Step Functions.
- An interest in big data and ML. We could use your help leveraging modern techniques to build insights into our business and the businesses of our customers.
- Bonus: Knowledge of big data tools like EMR, S3, Athena, Spectrum, Sagemaker, Zeppelin.
- Bonus: Basic knowledge and interest in ML including concepts like regression, k-means, decision trees, xgboost and NLP.
- Bonus: Experience with BI platforms including Looker or Tableau.
What we offer
- We believe a healthy employee is a happy employee! Signpost offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for both employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Stock options
- 401k plan
- Fully remote work home environment for Engineering Team.
- $120,000-150,000 annual salary